Search Contextures Sites
Master 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days
This 30 Excel Functions lesson guide and workbook are based on the popular 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days challenge, from the Contextures Blog. The 30 functions are shown in the list at the right.
If you missed the challenge, or want all of the content in an easy-to-use single reference file, you can get this guide. Learn more about the 30 Excel functions in
- a 150 page written lesson guide (PDF format)
- links to the Excel video tutorials
- an Excel file with 100 function examples (choose 2007/2010 or 2003 format)
Practical Examples for 30 Excel Functions
These 30 Excel functions can be powerful on their own, and most work well with other functions, to perform amazing feats in your Excel workbooks. For example:
- Find an item in an unsorted list, with the MATCH function
- Count the EXACT matches in a list, including upper and lower case
- Remove surplus spaces with the TRIM function
- See which version of Excel is being used, with the INFO function
- Calculate fiscal quarters, with the CHOOSE function
- Find product prices with VLOOKUP
- Use the daily rate in effect on a specific date, with HLOOKUP
- Extract the worksheet name with CELL
- Total the salary in the best 5 consecutive years with TRANSPOSE
- Keep a simple tally with REPT
- Find the last negative number in a column with LOOKUP
- Use wildcards in a SEARCH
- Pull values from the a table with VLOOKUP and MATCH
- See the ADDRESS of the cell with the highest value
- Sort a column alphabetically with the INDEX function
- Insert hyphens in a telephone number with REPLACE
- Create a dynamic range with OFFSET
- Link to a cell in the same workbook with HYPERLINK
- Create cell references that don't shift, with INDIRECT
And many more Excel Function examples
Update Your Excel Function Skills
With this 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days reference guide and workbook, you can:
- expand your Excel knowledge,
- make your workbooks more efficient, and
- learn which functions work best in different situations.
You'll even discover which Excel functions you should avoid!
This lesson guide can help you make better use of familiar functions. Even the Excel functions that you use every day can have hidden talents, and pitfalls that you aren't aware of.
And there are so many Excel functions, that you probably only use a fraction of them. This lesson guide can show you new functions, that work better than some you're currently using. The lessons focus on 30 Excel functions in the following categories:
- Lookup and Reference
30 Excel Functions E-Book
Each of the 30 lessons in the ebook (pdf format) explains how the Excel functions work, suggests possible uses for the function, and warns you of any traps to avoid.
There are multiple examples for most functions, showing practical applications that you can apply in your own workbooks. Experiment with the examples, as you follow along with the lesson plans.
You can follow the lesson guide, no matter how you like to learn. For each of the 30 Excel functions, there is:
- a written description that details how the function works
- screen shots that show the workbook and formula setup (shows Excel 2010 screen)
- practical examples of Excel formulas, using that function alone, or with other functions
- video link, so you can see a demo of the function examples
The ebook is 150 pages, in a generous sized 13 pt font, so it's easy to read.
There are video tutorial links in the lesson guide, so you can see a demonstration of the examples. Click the video links to view the tutorials on the YouTube site.
The e-book is in Adobe PDF format, with bookmarks for easy navigation.
At the end of the e-book, there is an index to where each function is used in the examples. This is a great way to see how you can combine the different functions, for powerful and flexible results.
30 Excel Functions Workbook
The Excel functions workbook contains over 100 examples -- all of the function samples from the lesson guide. The workbook is available in either 2007/2010 or 2003 format.
With this sample file, and all its examples, you will save time and effort, and not have to build each example from scratch, in your own workbooks.
There is a table of contents in the Excel file, so you can quickly navigate to the example you're looking for.
Or, work through the examples, as you follow the 30 lessons in the e-book.
A cheat sheet also links to the information sheet for each function, and summarizes the function's syntax and description.
Two versions of the 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days are available. Both versions have the same ebook, with the detailed instructions, and screet shots that show the worksheet in Excel 2010.
Excel 2007/2010 -- The Excel file is in Excel 2007/2010 format (xlsx), with no macros.
Excel 2003 -- The Excel file is in Excel 2003 format (xls), with no macros. A few formulas were changed, to replace formulas, such as IFERROR, that are not available in Excel 2003.
Contextures Inc. is pleased to offer these discounts when you purchase more than one copy of 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days. The same discounts apply if you buy multiple Contextures products, such as 1 copy of 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days, and 1 copy of Excel UserForms for Data Entry.
These percentage discounts are applied automatically to your order.
- For 2 copies -- 10% discount
- For 3 copies -- 15% discount
- For 4 copies -- 20% discount
- For 5 or more copies -- 25% discount
Get the 30 Excel Functions Material Now
Click the Add to Cart button, to get the 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days eBook and Excel workbook.
Step by step purchase instructions are listed below.
How the Payment Process Works
- You will be taken to a secure PayPal payment site, where you can
- pay by credit card (click the "Don't Have a PayPal Account?" button.
- or pay through your own PayPal account (if you have one).
After you make the payment, you will be redirected to a secure download page, on the e-junkie website. Within 30 minutes, you will also receive an email with a link to the download page. If you do not receive the link, please contact me at email@example.com Your download will be available for 48 hours, or 5 downloads, whichever comes first. If you have any trouble with the download process, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensing the 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days Material
You may use the downloaded material for personal or business use, but may not resell or repackage the contents.
Unconditional 30 Day Guarantee
After you purchase the 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days material, you may return it for any reason, within 30 days. Your purchase amount will be fully refunded.
Reference Guide (PDF format with Excel 2010 screen shots)
& Excel file (2007/2010 or 2003)
30 Functions in 30 Days
Contextures Inc., Copyright ©2015
All rights reserved.