Search Contextures Sites
Excel Weekly News from Contextures June 03, 2014
Hide Duplicates + more Excel tips
In this week's Excel news, you'll see how to hide duplicates in a sorted list, and other tips. Thank you for reading the Excel news!
- Debra firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create IFRAME Code
- Use Sample Pivot Table Macros
- Auditing Excel Formulas-Quick Tips
- More Excel Tips
- Video: Hide Dups in Sorted List
- Weekly Photo: Lovely Lilacs
- Excel Tools
If you're working on a blog post or web page, you might need to add a YouTube video or another web page in a frame. With my sample workbook, you can enter the URL, and a couple of specifications, like height and width, and a formula creates the IFRAME code that you can copy to your web page.
Even if you don't need IFRAME code, this sample will show you how to enter data in several cells, and bring it all together in one cell.
Click here to see the details, and download the sample file: Create IFRAME Code
If you find sample pivot table macros on my website, you can copy them into your workbooks, to use there. If you're not sure where the code should be pasted, or how to run the macros, this tutorial will help you figure it out.
Click here to read the details, and watch the video: Use Sample Pivot Table VBA Code
If you're troubleshooting formulas on a worksheet, these quick tricks can help with the task.
Click here to see the details, and watch the video: Auditing Excel Formulas Quick Tips
Here are a few of the Excel articles that I read last week, that you might find useful:
- Paul Downs posted a follow-up to his outdated pricing spreadsheet problem, in response to the suggestions he got from readers.
- Thomas Nelshoppen shared his workbook for keeping baseball statistics.
- If you like the number game, 2048, the Excel team found a couple of Excel versions that you can download.
- Chandoo want to know what you struggle to do in Excel. There are over 100 comments, so there’s lots of struggling going on!
- In the New York Times, Neil Irwin outlines everything you need to know about Thomas Piketty versus The Financial Times.
- Finally, for a humorous peek at what other people are saying about Excel, read this week's collection of Excel tweets, on my Excel Theatre blog.
To make a list easier to read, you can hide duplicate items in a column, so only the first item in each group is visible. In the example, month names are repeated, and conditional formatting hides the duplicates..
The lilacs are starting to bloom in the garden, and these purple ones have a beautiful scent. They're pretty to look at too! There's another lilac shrub, with lighter flowers, and those should be blooming in a week or two. Isn't spring a wonderful time of year?
In addition to all the free Excel tips and tutorials, there are other Excel tools that you can invest in. To learn more about the products listed below, click on the links to take a look at their features, and decide if they're right for you.
- Contextures Excel UserForm Course
- Contextures Excel Tools Add-in
- Contextures PivotPower Premium Add-in
- Contextures 30 Excel Functions in 30 Days
- Excel Online Course
- Excel Charting Tools
- Excel Dashboard Kits
- Excel Project Management Templates
- Excel VBA School
Note: I am an affiliate for some of the products mentioned in this newsletter, and earn a commission on the sales.
Contextures Inc., Copyright ©2014
All rights reserved.