Search Contextures Sites
Excel Weekly News from Contextures Mar 26, 2012Increase numbers by a set percentage, watch for a pivot table bug in Excel 2010, John Walkenbach's Excel PUP add-in, and other tips for you, in this week's Excel news from Contextures.- Debra email@example.com
Increase Selected Numbers By a Set Amount
If you want to increase prices by 5%, or add $2.00 to each price, you can use Excel's Paste Special feature.
Follow the steps in my video on YouTube, to add a specific amount to all the selected cells.For written instructions, please visit the Contextures website: Increase Excel Values With Paste Special
Bug in Drill to Detail With Excel 2010 Slicer FiltersWhen you're using Excel 2010 Slicers, the drill to detail results might not be what you expected, if you double-click on a data cell. Read the warning on the Contextures blog.
You can also watch the steps in my Excel video tutorial on YouTube
How to Spot the Old Excel File
If you have multiple versions of the same file open, make sure that you're editing the correct Excel file.
On last week's blog, I used coloured tabs to tell them apart -- what tips do you have?
John Walkenbach's Power Utility Pack (PUP) Sale
John Walkenbach's Power Utiltity Pack (PUP) is a great add-in for Excel. You can read my review here: PUP Add-in Review
The PUP utility will be on sale tomorrow, March 27th, for 24 hours only:
PUP v7: $7.77 (normally $40.00)
PUP v6: $6.66 (normally $39.95)
The complete VBA source code is available for an additional $20.00
The sale will begin at 11:00 am U.S. Eastern Time on Tuesday, March 27, and will last for 24 hours.
Check John's blog on Tuesday, for a link to the Sale order form.
Speed Up Your Spreadsheets
Last week, Chandoo featured tips to help speed up your spreadsheets. He'll finish the series today, with tips from Excel users, who are sharing their favourite speedy solutions.
Spruce Up Your Analytic SkillsAt Juice Analytics, they have added new videos to help with your analytic skills. Note: You'll have to register (free), in order to watch the videos.
Excel HumourOnce again, I read the Excel tweets, so you don't have to! Here are a few favourites from this week. You can read the rest of the tweet collection here.
- Sitting at work. Decided to ditch Excel and use an Etch A Sketch. If I screw up, I will just shake it and start over. #Romney
- Tryin to work out how to create charts in Excel = alot of swearing!!! I hate Excel!!!
- The problem with Excel is numbers. I'm okay with words.
Save time with our "Done For You" Excel products.
- Pivot Power Premium Add-in - Time-saving tools for pivot table users
- Data Entry Popup Kit - Quick and easy data entry with a popup list
- Data Entry Search Popup - Enhanced data entry popup, with Search box
- Excel Tools Add-in - Make instant backups, sheet list with links, much more
- More Excel products from Contextures
Contextures Inc., Copyright ©2018
All rights reserved.